UPDATE ON CONTEST: DEADLINE EXTENDED, due to a few people getting their emails bounced back you now have until DECEMBER 20, 2008 at 11:59 pm to get your entries in that is 8 DAYS WAY! KEEP THE STORIES COMING!! WE HAVE NOT CHOSEN OUR 3 FINALISTS YET! The finalists will still be announced on Christmas Day!
I have been thinking about how blessed I have been the past 2 years since moving my family and my business from Colorado to Annapolis back in 2006. We have had and amazing transition not only personally but in my business as well. I have had amazing clients some of which I continue to keep in touch with, others that are starting to have babies now and are calling for baby photos. It is so fun to be a part of peoples lives on such a special day.
As a professional photographer, I have been blessed by being able to do something I love on a daily basis. I love using the gifts I have been given to capture priceless images on a couples wedding day. A day that has been thought through and planned sometimes since childhood. A day when two people will commit to love and cherish one another for a lifetime. A day that will go by fast and some of the only memories left will be in photographs for generations to come. A day that is a gift.
In the spirit of Christmas and the season of giving, I am going to step out of my own little world and hopefully touch the lives of someone else’s. I am going to give away a free wedding this year. I have a few friends in the photography world who have done this in the past and say the experience was phenomenal.
So in the purest sense of the word this Christmas I am going to GIVE AWAY my services to one special couple.
HERE ARE THE RULES:
1. Couples must be getting married sometime in 2009 and have a set date and location.
2. You must send me your story about why you deserve for me to shoot your wedding for free along with a recent photo of you and your fiancée. Also include your wedding DATE! Parents, friends and family may also nominate a couple.
3. My 2 lovely assistants and I will vote for the three finalist couples. Each of us will get to pick ONE so there will be three different opinions in the mix.
4. The final three couples and stories will be posted here December 25th for my blog readers to vote on. Yes, Christmas day the finalists will be announced!
5. Once the 3 finalists have been announced my BLOG READERS will vote for the winner. So once we are down to the top 3, it is in your hands folks!
The WINNER will be announced and posted on NEW YEARS DAY at Noon.
6. Email your story and photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7) DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS DECEMBER 18, 2008 at 12:00am EST.
WHAT THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE :
1) Stacy Richardson as your photographer
2) 8 hours of wedding day coverage
3) All 4×6 first edition boxed prints
4) DVD of all high resolution images
5) Travel within 100 miles from Annapolis, MD (this includes VA, DC, and MD and parts of PA. If you live outside this area, and you want to enter, I will travel anywhere in the US if you are willing to pay my travel fees)
I can’t wait to see where this adventure will take us! I am hoping to make a difference in the lives of a special couple this year. Start getting your stories in now!! I can’t wait!